Tuesday, June 21, 2011

I still love cookies...

I just wanted to say that I love cookies again, because I just ate one and it made me happy :-)

Now for something I hate - being cold.
I lived in Melbourne for 4 years and I now know the true definition of the word. I moved back to Brisbane 8 months ago though and am so glad to be back... but these cold nights and mornings are really annoying me! I dont enjoy plunging into a cold bed at night, nor do I like getting out of the shower with wet hair when its freezing outside of my steamed up glass box. I miss summer. I am one of those people who just cant seem to get warm. My feet and hands always suffer the most yet my fiance's hands and feet stay warm all year round. Even to the point of him throwing off the doona some nights recently saying he's hot. Weird. But I shouldnt really complain I suppose, Melbourne is disgustingly cold for about 8 months of the year plus its overcast and windy which makes for a depressing winter thats for sure. My first Christmas day in Melbourne it was 13 degrees. I was sitting there with my mouth open wondering wtf is this place!? As we were driving out of Melbourne (yes we drove back to Brisbane) all I could think was 'seeya you cold, shitty place'. Dont get me wrong, I loved Melbourne when it was warm, and the food and shopping was awesome. But being able to go outside without having a long sleeved top, thick jacket, scarf, gloves, socks, boots, and sometimes even a beanie is a feeling that cant be matched.

No comments:

Post a Comment